This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I am looking forward to meeting all of my new students and their families at Back to School Night on Friday, August 3rd from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Rossview Elementary School. I am including a list of requested school supplies below. It differs slightly from the CMCSS district supply list for 3rd grade. Please bring supplies to Back to School Night or by Wednesday, August 8th for the first full day of school. If you have any trouble finding or purchasing any of these supplies, just let me know.
Mrs. Shirley's School Supply List:
- 1 3-ring binder, 1 in. or 1.5 in.**
- 1 set ear buds or headphones**
- 1 pack of multiplication flash cards for use at home **
- 3 doz. #2 yellow pencils
- 1 pair scissors
- 6 glue sticks
- 1 small bottle liquid glue
- 1 box (24 count) crayons
- 1 box colored pencils
- 1 package of 4 black dry erase markers
- 5 packages wide rule loose leaf paper
- 1 composition notebook
- 1 large box of tissues
- 1 plastic 3 prong folder
- 2 yellow highlighters
- 1 zippered supply/pencil pouch or box
- 1 package anti-bacterial wipes
- 1 plastic 12 inch (with centimeters) ruler
- 1 box plastic zip bags, sandwich or gallon size**
**Item not listed on district supply list
- Listen when your teacher is talking.
- Follow directions quickly and quietly.
- Respect others, respect yourself, and respect your school.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Be safe; be honest.
Along with these rules, I will be using the picture book The 7 Habits of Happy Kids to encourage our students to develop principles that will help them be successful, happy students. Here are the habits:
- Be Proactive: You are in charge of you.
- Begin with the End in Mind: Have a plan. Know what you want before you act.
- Put First Things First: Do the important things first. Work, then play.
- Think Win-Win: Find ways where everyone can win.
- Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood: Listen before you talk.
- Synergize: Work together to do better.
- Sharpen the Saw: Take care of yourself. Balance feels best.